Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Two Short Stories


I really enjoyed the short stories we read for class, I think it’s because I have a harder time staying interested with full length novels. Some of the things in the stories really confused me at times and I don’t think it helped that I was absent when the speaker came in, it seems from everyone’s blogs that you all learned a lot! I really liked that in The Lawsuit, we got to see how the women brought the suit upon her family. The second story, A Long-Term Plan, was very interesting as well. I liked that the man in the story came to the conclusion by himself that he had lived his whole life doing nothing, never helping anyone. I guess that’s what happens when you only use others around you to benefit yourself and in the end you pay the price for that. After his mother dies and money disappears, he so calls “wins the lottery,” and becomes a millionaire. But later he dies, spending his last moments in alone….. I guess money isn’t everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment