Thursday, November 5, 2009

Paradise Now


I really liked the discussions we had in class about this film. It’s funny because before class discussions, I go in thinking one thing, and then after hearing people like Victor, Dan, and Katie, who challenge different point of views, I can leave feeling totally different about the subject because they’ll bring up points that I never thought of. I really enjoying hearing everyone’s point of view on these topics, it keeps the class interesting to say the least.
Ok back to the movie! I think the film did a really good job of putting a “face” like Victor said, on the suicide bomber. I was really surprised to find that Khaled was the one who didn’t go through with the bombing, because he was so sure about it in the beginning. I thought it was really sad that Said, felt he needed to go through with it because of his father. I know he was embarrassed of what he was, but was it necessary to kill for this embarrassment. I mean this man was living a normal life, he had a job and a family who loved him. It’s really sad that people think suicide bombings, will change things for the better. Killing another human being, only makes one a murder. And then what does one have to look forward to after death? That’s just the way I look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment