Friday, December 18, 2009

"Beheading the Cat" and "Metallic Crocodile"

These two stories weren’t exactly my favorite. I had a really hard time understanding the Metallic Crocodile. Was this story supposed to tie in with religion? Bailey pointed out a part of the book that read “Logic prevents you from seeing reality”. After thinking about this for awhile Saralynn suggested that maybe the “logic” part is supposed to represent science and “reality” represents religion. If you really think about it science normally does go against religion. Another question I found myself asking.. was the black man supposed to represent a godly figure? IDK.
The Beheading the Cat was interesting, again not one of my favorites. I did like that the main character fell in love with the more independent, normal women. I liked how jenny put it in her blog “The main character chose a partner rather than a slave. Though the things he wished to do to the woman, like burn her and drink her may have been a little too much for me.” I would defiantly have to agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment